Effective Date: January 1, 2016
TruSignal, Inc. is a predictive analytics company that aggregates consumer information to enable our commercial customers (“Customers”) to show individual consumers advertising that is likely to be of interest to them. This type of advertising includes digital advertising, which is advertising served to users of computers and other electronic devices that is tailored to each user based on their activities, interests, and/or behaviors.
We understand that many consumers are concerned about their privacy, and we believe that consumers should be informed, and have a choice. This policy describes the collection and use of data by TruSignal.
TruSignal licenses consumer information from several reputable data providers (“Consumer Data”), and uses the information for digital advertising and marketing purposes. We do not collect, track or monitor any online consumer personally identifiable information (PII), including data pulled from websites that a user visits or from online user search requests.
We use Consumer Data to create “Audiences” which are groupings of consumer profiles (no fewer than 1,000 profiles) that represent a strong fit or match to a particular brand or service. Our Customers use the Audiences to advertise products and services that are relevant and may be of interest to prospective consumers.
In creating Audiences, we look for patterns and commonality in our Consumer Data to help us predict which profiles are good prospects for the products and services offered by our Customers. The output of our analysis represents the level of fit or interest between a consumer profile and the Customer’s product or service. The resulting Audience(s) allows our Customers to target pertinent and applicable advertisements without knowing or using PII. TruSignal Audiences do not contain PII and PII is not sold or shared with third parties, including our Customers or delivery providers.
We follow the ISO 27002 best-in-class security standards. We employ strict data access and data security standards when storing Consumer Data. We also require our licensed data providers, Customers, and delivery providers to follow all legal requisites and industry best practices for data collection and handling.
How It Works
TruSignal provides non-PII identifiers that describe our Audiences to a network of delivery providers. These delivery providers use these identifiers to match users to a specified TruSignal Audience allowing our Customers to target advertisements to consumers based on the Audience information.
Consumers who visit websites that support TruSignal’s Audiences see our Customers’ advertisements if the Audience indicates that they may have a high propensity for the Customers’ products or services.
TruSignal has no consumer websites and thus does not collect any online PII. Regardless, we adhere to the Interactive Advertising Bureau’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising and the Network Advertising Initiative’s Code of Conduct. You should also visit the Interactive Advertising Bureau’s website for an independent overview of online advertising and targeting under its “Privacy Matters” campaign.
You can choose to opt out of TruSignal Audiences by submitting an Opt-Out Request here.
TruSignal is committed to ensuring consumers understand how we handle Consumer Data. To that end, we adhere to these guidelines:
- TruSignal shares information regarding a users predicted propensity or interest in a product or service in the form of a TruSignal Audience along with non-personal identifying demographic information. If the users propensity for a specified Audience is high then the user is more likely to receive targeted advertisements from our Customers’ digital advertising campaigns.
- TruSignal does not share PII.
- TruSignal does not knowingly collect or share information on anyone under the age of 13.
- TruSignal does not track the web sites consumers visit or access in order to obtain PII.
- TruSignal does not collect information that may be considered sensitive, including health and adult behavior (i.e. drinking, gambling, or pornographic content).
- If you have properly submitted an Opt Out Request to TruSignal, TruSignal will not include your profile with Audience information provided to third parties. This does not mean you will stop getting advertising on the web sites you visit, but the advertisements you see will not be based on your inclusion within a TruSignal Audience. Note that initiating an Opt-Out Request may not prevent the use of your information under situations where Audiences have already been delivered.
- TruSignal contractually requires all of its Customers, data providers, and delivery providers to comply with applicable laws, and industry best practices for data collection and use.
- TruSignal retains Customer provided consumer information only for so long as is necessary to create the Customer-requested Audience. Data that TruSignal licenses from data providers is refreshed periodically and retained in accordance with the terms of each data provider’s license.
We may update this Privacy Statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes notification will be provided on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage periodic review of this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Notices concerning this Consumer Privacy Statement can be directed to:
25 6th Ave N
St. Cloud MN 56303
© 2016, TruSignal, Inc. All rights reserved.
Date of Last Modification April 1, 2016